Thursday 24 May 2012

Paul HAS Summited Mt Everest!

Paul successful summited Mt Everest around midnight our time last night!!!!!

He's now on his way down to Camp 2, where we hope to receive the all important phone call.

I wrote this poem for Paul back in December 2011 and he asked me at the time to post it as soon as we got the news that he had summited. Well that time has finally come!!!!


My one shot at Everest,
Onwards and upwards this moment will be my proudest.
Under the blue skies I approach the alpine start,
Not knowing what lies ahead I need to be courageous and smart.
The World's highest mountain is there in wait,

Exposure to the elements there can be no mistake.
Venturing towards breathtaking panoramic views,
Edging along a glittering diamond summit with attitude.
Rewarding my perseverance is self satisfaction,
Every step I take there can be no distraction.
Sweating, tired, cold and weak, I shed a tear,
Then I reach the top, I've conquered Mt Everest after only training for a year!

Well done Paul, you did 'do summit good', you did summit amazing!

CONGRATULATIONS! From all your family, friends and supporters worldwide x


1 comment:

  1. Well done Paul, we knew you could do it. Safe journey home, lots of love Brian and Jo.

    ReplyDelete