Thursday 17 May 2012

Departure Approaching

Yesterday I did another fitness trek to pumori camp 1, just to stretch the legs and break up the boredom. A round trip of 3 hours and the views of Everest and surrounding peaks were just amazing. I sat down and spent 15 minutes taking in where I was and how lucky I am to have this opportunity.

Everest looked calm and I walked through the route to the top in my head. I'm so excited to get this summit attempt underway.

So the plan is to depart base camp on the 20th/21st aiming for the summit on the 25th/26th. The weather does have a habit of changing, so this is not set in stone.

Today I went through some kit, got my down suit on and made sure everything was ok. All I need to do now is pack and I'm ready to roll.

This being my last blog before my attempt at Everest, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported me. I'm a week away from a chance to stand on top of the world and it would not be possible without my sponsors.

I would also like to thank my future wife and family for their ongoing encouragement and support. Time at base camp has been hard at times and the odd communication has made it a lot easier.

So here I go, tomorrow we will go through oxygen and regulators, have a shower, a shave and pack. I will then be ready to take my last journey into the ice fall and start my ascent.

Thanks again for all your support. Look forward to updating you on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment