Wednesday 17 April 2013

The gateway to the khumbu valley


A 0445h alarm woke me and I was up and making my way to KTM airport. I was flying with a nice kiwi fella that was getting the same flight. We arrived checked in went through security had enough time to buy a bottle of water and our flight was being called. So lukla here we go.

We arrived in lukla around 8 and had breakfast and some tea at the paradise lodge. Then hit the trail with the goal of getting to jorsale. We arrived here around 1 had lunch and our now chilling. The views are just in amazing, the smell of burning juniper in the air sets this paradise alive.

Tomorrow I make my way to namche, which is around a 600 vertical gain. So a good acclimatisation day ahead.

I feel strong and lucky to be back in the khumbu but there is a big bit of me missing. I wish my wife was here with me. I know she would love it and I hope one day soon we walk this trail together.
Lazy evening ahead and a early start tomorrow.

On the trail
KTM airport
A beautiful trail

No comments:

Post a Comment