Saturday 13 April 2013

Switching into expedition mode

It's time to say my good byes and switch into expedition mode. Today I depart for KTM in hope to summit Lhotse, the 4th biggest mountain on earth.

Ill be flying out on the 21 30 Qatar airways flight to KTM accompanied by 10 x Everest Summiter Kenton Cool. It's going to be great having a companion on this flight.

I'm extreamly excited to be heading back to the Himalaya and back into the mountains but there is a gut trenching feeling Im dealing with knowing I'm leaving my wife for 5-6 weeks. Broken contact and distance ahead, I know it's going to be hard on both of us.

I would like to thank all my sponsors that have made this possible. It wouldn't of happened without your support and belief.

To all my family and friends thank you for your continued help, understanding and support.

So here we go, Heathrow T4 destination KTM.

But before this I must head to Kingston Hospital to meet my niece who was born in the early hours of this morning. Bethany Elizabeth was born at 0230 this morning at a whooping 9,13, both mother and baby are well.

This has been the perfect start to the expedition with the little one wanting to say good bye to uncle Paul.

Lhotse 2013, The journey begins.....

1 comment:

  1. Another fabulous journey to broaden your experience doing what you love to do! (somewhat Jealous) Can't wait till our Three Peaks Challenge in July but that will be a walk in the park compared to the journey you are about to undertake! Did you know many climbers become writers because of the misconceptions about climbing?
    -

    ReplyDelete