Tuesday 23 April 2013

Namche to Panboche

Today the goal was to get to Pangboche. Where I plan to rest for 2 nights before moving up valley.
I left namche and the sun was blazing, a hot day trekking ahead of me. The start of this trek takes you above namche and gives you amazing views of this village. Spectacular in fact.

From here you make your way through varied terrain being greeted by monuments and villages on the trail. I love the Napali people and the way they great you always with a smile on there face and enthusiasm in there voice. I make as much effort as possible to say hello and greet the local families. Its always fun having banter with the local Sherpas, porters and guides on the trail too.
I got my first view of Everest , Lhotse and Ama Dablam today. The sky dominated by these beautiful mountains. There is no place like this on earth.

At one point of this trek, not paying atention I found myself going completely the wrong way, I was heading to gokyo by the time I realised and turned around it was an extra 45 mins on my journey, not what I wanted.

It was only an hour or so and I was in lobuche and here I stopped for some potatoes chips and a coffee. Just what I needed to give me the boast to push onto pangboche.

I'm now sitting in pangboche, sonam lodge. It was great to greeted and to be reunited with friends I gained last year.

Tomorrow I will hopefully be blessed by lama geshe and have the afternoon taking it easy before a push further up the valley.

At the moment I'm feeling great and not showing many signs of altitude effecting me. A couple of days rest will only play in my favour.

Really looking forward tucking into a portion of dal bhat tonight. 


Monument with Ama Dablam on the right

Namche, time to leave and head up valley

No comments:

Post a Comment