Tuesday 23 April 2013

Rest day in Pangboche

Today was a rest day in pangboche. Just taking it easy and soaking up the views. Sonam lodge probably hosts the best views of Everest and sister peaks in the khumbu.
Karme Nuru our serdar at BC, meet me at 0830h and we went to visit Lama Geshe. I was blessed for good luck, safe travels and success in the mountains. Karme and I spoke for a hour or so about his projects in pangboche and in particular the pray wheels that are being built around the monastery. I'm hoping when I walk back to lukla on my way home the work is complete. The project looks spectacular. I also meet karme's wife. Such a lovely lady, full of smiles.
The khumbu is hosting some pretty high winds and this is evident on the summit of Everest. The valley is a lot quite than last year. Maybe me walking in a week later is the reason why.
So blessed and rested tomorrow I make my way to Duglha another 600m gain, from there I will go to gorek Shep and then to BC. Arriving just in time for the puja.
Sonam Lodge, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse in the distance

Map

No comments:

Post a Comment