Wednesday 17 April 2013

Moving on to Namche

Today it was a casual start with getting to Namche being the objective. A 600m vertical gain , so an important acclimatisation push.

I felt very strong moving up the valley. A steady pace and arrived at namche in good time.

I headed straight to the bakery and tucked into pastries and coffee. It was bliss.

Tomorrow I will put up the valley to pangboche and spend 2 days at sonam lodge. Where I will be greeted by many Nepali friends I gained last year. I will also be going to visit lama geshe, and be blessed for a safe travels in the mountains and a safe expedition. I am really looking forward to this part of the trip. Also to sit under Ama Dablam and have spectacular views of Everest, Lhotse and nuptse.
So from a high on caffeine Paul enjoy your day and I'll post another update soon.

Yaks and porter on the trail
Bakery - Coffee and Cake
Welcome to Namche

No comments:

Post a Comment