Monday 9 January 2012

Focus turns to EVEREST

I had a fantastic Christmas and New Year,  now the focus turns to Everest.

Within 3 months I will be heading out to Kathmandu and making my way to Everest base camp, before making the famous pilgrimage to the Summit. Both nerves and excitement fills my veins and its time to channel these emotions and put them to good use.

The training for such a slog at such altitude means I need to get physically fit and mentally strong.

I met up with Henry Todd on Sunday and he invited some climbers that have summated in previous years and some that will be joining me this year. All I can say is the effect Everest and the summit has had on these individuals’ only leaves me to believe I will be visiting a very special place and experiencing something very unique.

The preparations for the charity ball are going well and its looking like the DO SUMMIT GOOD CHARITY BALL will be a fantastic evening and fingers crossed will take me closer to crossing £100,000 for my two charities.

If you would like info on the ball please do drop me an email- pjkeleher@googlemail.com

A Magical Place

1 comment: