Sunday 25 December 2011

Reflecting on 2011

Its Christmas Day and I had the morning to reflect on the last 7 months. Entering a climbing world that has blown my mind, the variety of climbing styles and inensities that has really got me hooked.

I would like to thank Tommy Harris for his ongoing support and encouragment into exsposing me to as much as possible to get me ready for my attempt at Everest in 2012. Also in Tommy I have found a life long climbing partner and friend. I would also like to thank all my sponsors that have supported me to make next year possible. Last but not least my family and girlfriend, next year is a big year and I will need you more than ever.

Below is a selection of photos that sum up the last 7 months and my entrance into this climbing world.


One of my first routes

Enjoying a day on the Jurassic Coast

First steps into a Alpine World - Midi Rigde

First Bivvy at the foot of the Forbes Arete, epic route

Another Sunday climbing on the Jurrasic Coast

Me and my good friend and great guide, Victor Saunders

Coiling at the foot of the Dent de Geant

Summit of the Dent de Geant

Onsight of my first 6a

Decending Ice cliff on Cho Oyu

at 7,600m

me with Cho Oyu in the background, the mountain that defeated me.....

Chilling out on a sunny Sunday

Training for Ice Fest begins

In training........ first time on the tools

Highlight, Summit of the "Cosmiques Arete" first summit

1 comment:

  1. You've achieved so much in such a short amount of time. You're an inspiration and you deserve all the success that's coming your way. Happy 2012! x

    ReplyDelete