Saturday 6 August 2011

A good couple of weeks training.

I have had a good couple of weeks training and I’m progressing really well. My strength in the gym is right where I want it and I'm feeling strong and motivated.  I'm pushing the endurance aspects extremely hard and my only complaint is the amount of washing I have had to keep up with.  Sessions consisting of long steady and interval type training on the Versa climber and bike are all sound preperationfor Cho Oyu on the 28th.
I achieved a "personal best" for 30 minutes on the Versa climber this week which I was chuffed about. 5402 ft in half hour. Over a hundred feet further than my previous best.
My goal for next week is to hit 5500ft. “I will have to push really hard for this”.
I Climbed on Tuesday for the first time at Craggy Island in Sutton.  It was way too hot. Sweaty hands on plastic holds = very sore finger. They where raw!! Sutton is a bouldering centre so no ropes just walls and crash mats. I struggle with some of the explosive moves but I'll get there and will soon be pushing the grades.
I have all my kit now for the Himalayas. I have got to choose what to take and what to leave as weight is a big concern. I’m going to try and travel as light as possible as extra loads cost and need carrying. I'm going to lay my kit out over next few days and evaluate.
I have just got back from the indoor training wall in Guildford. The plan was to get back to Portland today but due to weather and predicted showers all day I did not drive down there. I was gutted. I had a good session of bouldering and then hit the finger board for more self harm. All in all a good session.

No comments:

Post a Comment