Saturday 27 August 2011

Depart for Kathmandu

Today I leave for part 2 of my challenge. Destination: the Himalayas for the 6th highest mountain in the world - Cho Oyu.
I'm really excited to experience the culture in Kathmandu and expedition life in the Mountains.
I want to thank my family, friends and sponsors for showing me so much support through what will be the biggest challenge of my life so far. An 8000m peak is no easy feat. Fingers crossed my body copes with the altitude, I can aclimatise well, the weather is in our favour and we can make a push for the summit late September. The real trophy for me is seeing Everest from the summit of Cho Oyu, a view I have constantly thought about and dreamt about on many occasions.
The summit is only half the route so I'll be sure to stay composed and save celebrations for when I'm back at base camp.
The goal of summiting mount Everest and the preparations for success has introduced me to a whole new world. I'm really enjoying my climbing and the continual challenges that are achieved every time I go out and climb. Whether it's a route in the mountains, on a rock face or in the climbing centre. You are constantly challenged and pushing your limits. This is great for focus, self belief and confidence.
Now a new adventure, a new challenge a different type of climbing. High Altitude mountaineering. Let's see what this throws at me......
So here is to a good trip. I will report back as much as possible to keep you up to date with my movements.
Thanks again for your support and please do visit http://www.dosummitgood.co.uk/ and follow the virgin link on the front page to make a donation.
"Every donation made will go a long way with my two chosen charities"

No comments:

Post a Comment