Monday 18 July 2011

Day 7 - Running away from Rain

Today we had a day in the valley, with the idea of getting some rock routes done. We headed out to a climbing wall in "Flame". We got geared up and unravelled the rope, set up the belay and just before we were ready to climb the heavens opened up.....
We packed up and then drove to a supper little wall that's name slips my mind, we completed a route called the "Traverse of the Gods". A route that I wish I had my camera on. After Lunch and a coffee we headed to "La Fayet". I led a few climbs placing cams and nuts as protection. This is something I want to get better at. The level of routes were 4a/b's but nice climbing. We then headed over to a level 5a which had a really challenging part on it, a slightly overhanging section which I am pleased to say I sailed through.

Neil is now finding his feet rock climbing and making good progress, he is loving it and says he is really looking forward to the challenges we face in the next year. This trip has been a great eye opener to what lies ahead.

Victor has challenged me to climbing a 7 grade in a year, I think he is mad but I'm gonna give it a go. I will try to fit in one more climbing session a week and see if I can rise to the challenge.

Tomorrow we head up the "Aiguille du Midi", 3 nights in the "Cosmiques Hut" and fingers crossed we get the opportunity to climb "Mont Blanc". If not we will be practicing crevasse rescue, climb the "Cosmiques Arete" and do some ice climbing. Either way that's 3 days in the mountains.

View From Hotel Room


Neil working on Climbing Technique


Niel on last climb of the day..... little overhang ahead!!

Niel on the over hang

Victor!!!! should of kept his top on



Me on last climb of the day with the slight overhang ahead


Me looking at the next move


Little look at the camera..... I'm not really a show off!!!!


The move through the Crux it was only a 5a


Nice climb to end a nice day and the sun started to show



No comments:

Post a Comment