Monday 11 July 2011

Back to Chamonix for Training

An early start at Heathrow's T5. Neil and I grabbed a coffee and took the 0820 flight to Geneva. I was not with Neil when he checked in but when I saw his bags come through on the luggage belt I nearly wet myself. 2 x XL North Face Expedition bags..... I asked "what did you not pack dude???"

On arrival in Chamonix the sun was blazing.We checked into our Hotel and amusingly the receptionist was firm and quite abrupt with the rules. No boots, crampons or axes are allowed in the rooms or they will be confiscated..... Mmmm welcome!!!!

Neil and I headed into town, took a look around the shops and grabbed a coffee, strolled back to the hotel and took a nap. Our guide "Victor Saunders" gave us a call letting us know he was stuck in Italy and would not be back for the scheduled meet at 1830. We headed back into town and had a few beers while looking over towards Mont Blanc.... "boy I want to climb it and now feel ready to take it on".

After a Pizza it was time to get back for an early night.


Our Hotel "La Chaumiere" Really nice receptionist.... Not!

Our |Room


"Horace-Benedict de Saussures Monument" pointing at  summit of "Mont Blanc"


Close up of "Mont Blanc"


"Aiguille du Midi" in a beautiful blue sky#

No comments:

Post a Comment