Tuesday 21 June 2011

Tuesday Night at Craggy Island Guildford

Tuesdays have become a night where I meet up with Tommy at Craggys and climb for between 3-4 hours. My climbing is steadily improving and I am starting to get to grips with my body positioning on the wall. I have started to climb and complete 6a's on the fixed rope and seconding on quick draw. I also managed to complete a 6a in the bouldering cave which I was quite chuffed about.
My next step will be to start leading routes and this I hope to do in the next few weeks.

After a mixture of top rope/seconding Tommy and bouldering its become a habit to do some grip and arm strength training. This Tommy gets great pleasure from, watching me suffer as my fingers nearly rip out of there sockets!!!!!
After completing the little training regime that we have been doing the last few weeks Tommy thought it would be fun to introduce me to "mono holds" (a single finger hold) and complete pull ups..... Wow!!!

Boys being boys the games then started. We completed a series of different grips and holds performing pull ups, all of which Tommy out did me on and he had great pleasure in watching me suffer!

Below are a few pictures of me in action!!!!


"Mono Hold Pull Ups"


In Motion



Completed 3 sets of 5

Pinch Pull Ups - 3 sets of 5


Pull Up onto Overhand Grab - Below


Tough Session!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment