Thursday 16 June 2011

Successful Training Trip - Chamonix

Reflecting on my trip to Chamonix it was a massive success. Raising the bar on my rock climbing to a 5c grade, summiting "Cosmiques Arête" and the "Pointes Lachenal", all in all an amazing 3 days.

I am really happy with the way the trip went and my achievements. I owe alot to Tommy for giving me his time and support in sorting out this trip and for letting me climb with him throughout the week in preparation for it.  All the prep really helped with my success on the routes.

I feel I have absorbed plenty of great information, habits and techniques from Tommy that will help with my preparations with Everest. It has definitely laid sound foundations in confidence and understanding of which the training in July can build on.

Being exposed to the mountains has grown on me and I actually started to feel quite comfortable out there. Although having said that the weather conditions were very good and I guarantee I would not be so confident as that cloud rises and the weather changes.

"Tommy you are a top man and I look forward to spending many more days in the mountains with you. I'll push my limits higher and hopefully I can raise the bar and climb some routes with you that you have never ventured up. It will take time, maybe years but I'm sure there will be a route one day in the future that will entice us both".

I have a big selection of photos from the 3 day trip all of which I will remember and treasure - my first alpine climbing experience.

Below is a selection of the best.



Midi Ridge

Tommy on Route Down to Glacier


Pee Break


My Suunto Core Working Nicely


On the move across the glacier


Tommy making his way up the Cosmiques


Tommy Abseiling Through Chimmney


Mountaineers on the move through Glacier


Tommy pushing on to Summit








Tommy - Classic Cosmique Photo


Tommy at the Crux



Tommy and I after the completion of the "Cosmiques Arete"

Tommy and I at the Summit of the Lachanel


Just a very cool picture


Kat abseiling off the Summit of Lachanel



Me Prior to abseil off Summit

Tommy making way up "Midi Ridge" as weather turns


Weather changing over "Midi Ridge"

Jelly Babies - Victory Sweets after a tough day in the mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment