Saturday 4 May 2013

Acclimatised and awaiting weather

After 5 days in the mountain and 1 rotation complete I find myself ready for a summit window.

BC to C1, where we stayed for the night. The following day took a trip to camp and returned to C1, the day after we moved to camp 2 where we spent the night, Taking a walk to the bottom of the Lhotse face. The following day pushed to touch camp 3 and returned to camp 2 and the following morning back to base camp. Rotation to 7200m complete.

To some this may seem like a fast and furious acclimatization plan, but my body felt good and strong, no altitude headaches and it felt right to keep pushing.

I'm now back at BC, watching the weather charts closely and trying to find out as much as possible about conditions on Lhotse couloir. When its right its all systems go.

I can be honest with myself and you all, this has been the hardest trip away, missing my wife and just wanting to be back with her. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. Check that!! I miss her like mad.

I'm hoping the weather settles and a window presents itself soon. Make my way to the summit and be back to enjoy the summer with my beautiful wife.
Keep you posted with any weather progressions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment