Thursday 22 May 2014

Suns out, guns out....

The hottest day of the  year so far and Natalie, myself, Robin, Rowland and Marcus headed to cheddar gorge for some bolt clipping.
The journey was made more luxurious by having a Land Rover Discovery; a car I’m really impressed with, the perfect vehicle for an adventure athlete.
My training has been going really well of late and I was in search of another push of grade and wanting to try a spicy 7b+ called ‘Insatiable’ (a wave classic).
After a warm up on ‘Toxic Shock’ 6b, Rowland and I started to look at our project for the day. Rowland worked it move by move, breaking it down and it looked like a fun climb.
My turn came and I pieced the first part together with no problem. In the middle of the root you reach for a two finger side pocket and you really have to be accurate with the placement and from here it was great climbing to the top.
Now all the moves were dialled, it was time to try and send it. The big move to the pocket was our hurdle, time and time again it tripped us up. Just not hitting it right.
I’m thinking of the next visit when this will go and I’m really excited to get back down there and climb it.
Robin and his father were on an 8a, called ‘Sweet Tufa’. ! Apart from the line being wet,  it looks like it will get the tick when it’s not leaking water!
Natalie had a lovely day in the sun, grazing all day and taking some great pics. Thank you babe ; )














No comments:

Post a Comment