Monday 9 September 2013

North Wales for 2 days with Libby Peters

With the goal to climb around the globe and some of the most famous/iconic routes in the world, I realised it was time to go back to basics. 

I called upon one of the UK's best female climber, Libby Peters, to coach me for 2 days in North Wales. 


I have trad climbed a few times but had no real firm knowledge/experience of this type of climbing. 

Placing gear and setting up bomber belays are essential to the safety of your climbs. Libby went through all this and much more in great detail to get me confident at leading and topping out. 


I found the 2 days extremely valuable and am now looking forward to climbing around the UK in the coming months, before travelling further afield in 2014. 



My rack (wires, cams, Hexs & carabiners) all arrived a day late for my visit to Wales, but I'm sure it won't be long untill they are being used. 


I'm really looking forward to exploring this type of climbing and the places it will take me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment