Thursday 19 September 2013

It's time to capture

Prior to my last trip to the himalaya, I made an investment into an SLR. During my time in Nepal I captured some breath taking images and was blown away by the quality. 

I'll be honest, 85% of the shots were caught using the automatic setting not really understanding the use of aperture, shutter speed and ISO. 

It was my 30th birthday back in July and my brother and his family treated me to a Nigel Wilson Photography Workshop. 

Last weekend I spent 2 days with Nigel unfolding the magic behind my SLR and the ability to create depth/feeling and capturing the moment with my camera. 

Wow, I will never use Auto again. The photo quality and enjoyment in taking shots in manual where you are in complete control of everything is just brilliant.

I have already been practicing, and I have a tripod on order. I can't wait to get out and capture the mountains, hills, rock faces with a new light. 

Thank you Andy, Leanne and Bethany for such a great present. It will change the way I approach photography for life ; ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment