Monday 22 July 2013

Entering my 4th decade......

So with turning 30 it was only right to be spoilt by my wife. With the weather absolutely glorious no matter what we were doing, it was going to be amazing, all I hoped for was that it was outdoors.

I was told on saturday morning we were going camping in the New Forest, pack the tent, sleeping bags and bring the slackline and power kite....

All packed we headed to the New Forest and en route pulled over at a little pub, we sat in the garden and took advantage of the amazing weather. After lunch and a few local ciders we made our way to 'Roundhill' camp site.



Deep in the New Forest this camp site has wild horses just strolling around, cows grazing whereever they wish and with the sun blazing, it was just perfect for a weekend away.








We set up the tent, the slackline and chilled out for a few hours playing around and just enjoying each others company. It was nice just to get away with my wife, no plans and just chill out.







After a few hours we headed to the local shop, brought a BBQ, prawns, lamb, salad and a bottle of wine and headed back to the campsite for dinner. Cooking dinner, lying on a blanket and enjoying an amazing bottle of pinot noir, things could not get much better.



A casual get up and we headed into Brockenhurst for breakfast in a quant little tea room, then took a walk around the village. we headed back to the camp site for an hour or two then my main present was revealed. We were heading for dinner and a night stay at 'The Pig'. I have always wanted to visit this place.



We arrived and were greeted with Champagne in the court yard and then tucked into a pizza cooked in their wood oven; it was so good I had to have 2. After a few cocktails and an attempt to work my way through their cider list, we headed to our suite to get ready for dinner and catch the last 3 games of Murray and Djokovic.




Dinner in the conservatory in the most beautiful setting, I tucked into fresh prawns accompanied with a glass of Presseco, then for main, Steak with chips done to perfection, accompanied with an amazing glass of Melbec. I was loving being spoilt and loving my birthday weekend.





Monday we headed to Mudeford, chilled out on the beach for a few hours and then enjoyed muscles and chips and white bait, fresh fish by the sea.... it does not get much better.





We headed home and straight over to my parents for a BBQ, what a fantastic way to finish my birthday weekend, all in all I was spoilt rotten and did not stop eating or drinking....


No comments:

Post a Comment