Monday 12 November 2012

Aborted mission on Armageddon

A cold and clear November morning, Tommy and I headed for Portland. A atmospheric drive down south with pockets of fog lining sections of the motorway and then the most magical sunrise..... What a start to a Sunday morning, must mention I had a Starbucks flat white and a rise and shine muffin too...... How fitting.

To Portland we go and arrived earlier than usual and headed for a nice slab on the beach to warm up. Nice slab with a horrible landing zone. We didn't hang around here for long.
We moved to today's mission. To conquer Armageddon, probably the longest boulder problem on Portland.

Tommy started well but with a bad tendon in his finger had to abort. I carried on and started to get to grips with the first 4/5 moves but its tough and for a V4 questioning its grade. This could be one we have to work at but I will complete it.

I went and played around on a few other lower grade problems and then decided to call it a day. Found the perfect cafe serving the perfect mocha nice finnish to a nice day.

Need to somehow try and get more training time on the walls.... My finger strength is not where I want it.

Next weekend is my Stag do, Madrid get ready!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment