Thursday 14 June 2012

Being home

It's been great being home and the reception I got at Heathrow was one to remember. Natalie ran so fast and jumped into my arms so hard nearly sending me back to baggage reclaim! It's so nice being back together and home. It's been fantastic telling family and friends about my success in the mountains and it's a story that brings back so many memories and one I could tell again and again. The Himalaya is a magical place.

It was great timing arriving back in the UK for the jubilee, which was amazing to watch. I ended up celebrating at my brother’s home in Richmond. A BBQ in the street with a live DJ at the end of the road, I had an amazing time.






So with the Euros on and Wimbledon and the Olympics just round the corner, I have plenty to keep me entertained. A visit to see the Dalai Lama this weekend, followed by a week in Cornwall and then planning a wedding for the end of the year, 2012 is the year for success and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment