Saturday 31 March 2012

Chilled day in Thamel, Kathmandu

Set up camp now at Hotel Vaja in Swanbanath just outside Thamel, a hotel that Henry has used for years and knows the owners very well. Lack of rooms meant making do and my room is now in the library.It's got great views over the city and 000's of books on everything from philosophy to social economical thoughts!!!  Just up my street. 

I'm here untill Wednesday morning now as I have to attend a meeting for the team on Monday, then I depart and take the flight to lukla where the trek to base camp begins. 

I had a nice morning walking around Thamel and just love the hustle in this place. Bought a few last minute bits and had a few coffee's. A nice chilled day. 

I met Matthew, a 21 year old post graduate who's climbing with Rob. Great guy and I look forward to getting to know him better. Also had a brief introduction with Kenton Cool, one of the guides that operates out of Henry's set up.

This evening I headed out with Henry and Matt to the Fire and Ice for pizza and now fed I'm ready for an early night. 

It was good spending the day with Henry and getting to know more about him and the way he works. I'm really confident in him and the way he operates and prepares his climbers for a summit bid. 

I'm very comfortable and relaxed and feel in a good place to go climb. Looking forward to the flight to Lukla where the journey really begins. 

For now it's time to relax and focus on the challenge ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment