Monday 16 May 2011

Durlston Country Park - first time rock climbing!

A early start and meet Tommy in Swanage at 9am. Tommy is a guy that wants to live his life vertically. He eats, drinks and sleeps climbing. We will be planning a trip to the Alps in the June  to expose me to some of the elements I may face on my quest at Everest. 2,000ft drops and just a path of less than a meter. makes my palms sweaty just thinking about it.

Tommy organised a days climbing in Durlston Country Park in Swanage. We where joined by two of his friends Will and Scott and I thank them all for there help, advise and guidance.

It was a great day I managed to climb with no dramas and felt I got allot out of it.
I climbed 5 routes from Cattle Troughs : Inspiration (Severe), Consolation (Severe),  Chockney (VDiff), Old Lags Corner (Very Severe) and Bunneys Wall (Very Severe).

I cant wait to get out again, think Craggy Island for some indoor climbing is on the cards on Tuesday.







Big Thanks to Tommy, Will and Scott for your help and hopefully get out climbing again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment