Sunday 13 April 2014

Playing Truent...

At the beginning of this year, I set out with the goal to lead 7a. With this in mind, I called on Robin O'learly (Climbing Performance Coach) to put together a plan to achieve this. 

The training has been going really well and although I have missed the odd session, I have kept to the schedule and seen dramatic progress. 

I managed to manipulate my work schedule on Friday and play truent to head to Cheddar Gorge, Somerset. 

Robin and I got to Cheddar around 1 pm and started climbing. First, we climbed a nice 6a+ called 'Dead on Arrival', then the focus turned to my first 7a. 

Robin thought 'Raw Deal' at 7a would suit my style of climbing. So we got to work. I broke the climb down and managed every move. The top 2 moves being very dynamic, with the option to cut loose (hanging with one arm and no feet).

I took some time off and we moved to a project Robin was working on, an 8a. Then I returned to lead 'Raw Deal'. I managed to piece it together and get the tick. I did pop twice for the last move and so glad after popping the first time and missing the top hold I managed to stay on the wall. 

Psyched and ready to return in search of more 7a's. 

So the training will continue and hoping to head to a crag this easter bank holiday Monday, in search of some fun on vertical faces.




No comments:

Post a Comment