Tuesday 5 November 2013

It's been a while...

It's been a while since my last post, so apologies!

After getting back from the Himalaya in May, I set myself a goal to lead 7a by the end of the year. 

I was hitting the climbing wall once or twice a week and not really getting anywhere. I made a decision to dedicate more time and effort so I could build the technique and strength to reach this goal. 

My wife Natalie and I, moved to Walton on Thames and discovered a new climbing wall on the doorstep, The White Spider in Surbiton.

This facility has inspired me to train harder and its location allows me to make more visits because of the ease of access; as a result I'm moving much more efficiently, I'm stronger and climbing harder grades. I've also been given a few books to read on climbing, which has changed my thought patterns whilst climbing. 

I'm confidently leading 6b+ and making good attempts at 7a routes, so I'm knocking on the door to reaching my goal with 2 months to go... I'm sure it won't be long and I will crack it. 

I'm looking forward to finding a stint of good weather and getting out on natural rock ASAP and see if the hard work has paid off. I might have to hunt the good weather down though with a trip abroad, which would not be such a bad thing would it Natalie? ; ) 

So if you thought I was being lazy you were wrong... I've been training hard. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment