Thursday 14 March 2013

With one month to go

With one month to go, final preparations are underway for my departure to Nepal.

I feel I'm in good shape physically and mentally for an attempt at Lhotse, another of the 8000m peaks. My training is going really well and I'm feeling fitter than ever. I'm half a stone lighter than last year, but just as strong, which should work in my favour.

It's going to be great being back in the khumbu and at base camp, I'm really looking forward to meeting up with the sherpas and friends I made last year, getting to know them even better and developing our friendships.

I feel more comfortable heading out this time, having the experience of Everest under my belt, I know what to expect on this type of expedition, although, they'll all differ in someway. If I replicate my acclimatisation programme as I intend to, this should leave me in a strong position when heading up the mountain on a summit bid.

I had a great chat with Henry (logistic and base camp manager) yesterday and all the prep his end is going well, so it's all systems go.

I'm in the process of securing my last sponsors and then my kit will be sent away for embroidery with their logo's. I'm very grateful for the support from all my sponsors. Your support and belief in what I'm doing is much appreciated and I could not do it without you.

I will also be revealing the new Do Summit Good logo in the coming week. I'm very excited about this. It all seems to be happening and the DSG brand is growing. Good times ahead ; )

Do Summit Good - Inspire through adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment