Friday 18 January 2013

Fun skiing in the tree line runs

Morzine produced another 2 days of epic snow conditions. A perfect opportunity to continue working on my ski technique.I started to feel more and more confident and Natalie tells me my technique was improving. Great stuff!!! With the confidence comes the need to be more daring and push the limits, so off piste we go. I follow Natalie into tree lines and start weaving in between the alpine trees. We go deeper and deeper into the tree line and find it difficult to get back onto the piste. We are committed!! I wipe out 3….4….5 times, but just laugh it off, this is so much fun. Eventually we made our way back onto the piste and we were both ready for lunch. We had been split up from the others so it was a table for 2.
After lunch Natalie and I played around on a few more runs and met up with the others for an après ski session.

Natalie and I headed out for dinner in the evening and I ordered mussles followed by a rack of lamb ribs. The muscles came out and it was twice as big as any portion I have ever had as a main dish, and this is for starters. I tuck in and get through them one by one and mop up the juice with some fresh French stick… I'm stuffed. Next the lamb comes out, it's huge. I could barely more after. It was lovely to have an evening with my wife and it was great spending 4 days with her in the mountains. She's a great skier and a great instructor, she gave me a few tips and drills to help my technique and all the advice really helped.

We woke up on Wednesday with the sun blasting over the mountain peaks with clear sky's and a fresh dump of snow underfoot. We headed up on one of the first lifts and made the most of a morning session before our flight home. 2ft of fresh powder dropped over night and it was time to have some serious fun. I felt invincible carving through this fluffy white powder that if you wiped out it was like jumping into cotton wall or big pillow. It was amazing, I tried to spend as much time off the piste as possible and made the most of flying into the tree line and dodging trees. I was having the time of my life. I was just gutted when the clock struck 1pm and it was time to get our transfer to Geneva.

This was a great trip to the mountains, with great company, great hospitality and great conditions. I can’t wait to get another date in the diary for another mountain get away.


A chair lift into an amazing playground


Me preparing for the slopes


Skiing 'Bolt' style


Amazing Artwork


Check out Mont Blanc in the distance


Me and the Wife


On the chair lift




Natalie, strutting her stuff on the slopes


The result of a off piste jump!!!


A well earned hot chocolate in the sunshine


Me before going crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment