Friday 20 April 2012

Khumbu Ice Fall to Camp 1

I heard from Paul late Wednesday night as he was about to start the climb through the Khumbu Ice Fall to Camp 1. He was up very early to start the journey, which is expected to take anywhere between 5-8 hours. He told me the landscape in the ice fall is out of this world. I have googled some pictures so you can see what he means!
Section of the Khumbu Ice Fall
Climbers on another section of the Ice Fall crossing ladders!
 Once at Camp 1, he and the team were spending the night there, before heading up to Camp 2 today.
Camp 1
A route from Camp 1 to Camp 2 (22,000 feet)
I believe Paul will be heading back down to base camp sometime over the weekend. Hopefully I'll hear from him then when he has a signal, so I can update you all again.

Natalie







No comments:

Post a Comment