Monday 7 November 2011

Gilimot ledge - Swanage, Lost and Found

Starbucks and a "rise and shine" muffin started a Sunday morning off perfectly. The M3 was quite and the drive to Tommys was an easy one with the skies getting clearer and clearer the further south I got.

I was suprised tommy was actually out climbing this weekend as all week his status on facebook has changed from, Im fed up of my finger, Im fed up of this cold, my knee, my head and on.... and on.... and on, Tommy is getting a "wee little winger" in his old age. Sorry mate it had to come up!! hehe

It was a good turn out 7 of us headed down to Gilimot Ledge in Swanage for a day of trad climbing. With clear skis and a November nip in the air it was a perfect day for climbing.

Tommy and I did two really nice routes, "Ledgend" (HS 4a) and "Tensor Two" (VS 5a). First route was great until the last bit of gear, I was trying to get it loose with a dislodging tool and I dropped it!! yep, butter fingers dropped the tool.... I didnt even manage to get the gear out. I went down to try find the tool and yes, I found it, Result.

The second route was a fun one, this route had some great moves in it and again the gear had me, struggling to realese a cam whilst holding a under cup, I faffed around for over 5 minutes and had the biggest burn in my forearms ever. I didnt come off or give up and completed the route. Ill admit, I was close to chucking the towel in, when Tommy called me a girl!!

Lunch was followed by a treverse of a small wall and a bit of messing around. It was great to be out and back on natural rock and climbing with a bunch of great people.

Tommy, Paul, Phil, Alan, Andre and James it was a pleasure.


Tommy leading "Ledgend" (VS 5a)

"Chunk" tucking into cake, he wonders why he has no six pack!

Tommy on a absail

Me climbing second pitch on "Tensor II" (VS 5a)

Phil reflecting
..
A perfect day in the eyes of me
Wrapping up after a good days climbing

Welcome to the gun show, surely you cant get them eating cake!

Amazing British coast line

No comments:

Post a Comment